Lion's mane mushrooms,(Hericium erinaceus), have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries, and are believed to offer a range of health benefits for both humans and animals. In recent years, their popularity as a natural supplement for pets has grown significantly, with many pet owners using them to support the health and wellbeing of their dogs and cats.
5 benefits that lion's mane mushrooms may offer to your furry friend:
1. Improved cognitive function: Lion's mane mushrooms are believed to have neuroprotective properties, and may help to improve cognitive function in pets. They contain compounds called erinacines and hericenones, which have been shown to stimulate nerve growth factor (NGF) production. NGF is a protein that plays a key role in the growth, maintenance, and survival of neurons in the brain.
2. Digestive support: Lion's mane mushrooms have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help to soothe and support the digestive system. They may also help to improve gut microbiome health, which can have a positive impact on overall health and wellbeing.
3. Immune system support: Lion's mane mushrooms contain polysaccharides, which are complex sugars that can help to support the immune system. By stimulating immune function, lion's mane mushrooms may help to reduce the risk of infections and diseases in your pet.
4. Anti-inflammatory effects: Inflammation can be a major contributor to many health problems in pets, including arthritis, allergies, and digestive issues. Lion's mane mushrooms have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce inflammation and alleviate these conditions.
5. Cancer-fighting properties: Some studies have suggested that lion's mane mushrooms may have anti-cancer properties. They contain compounds called beta-glucans, which have been shown to have a range of anti-cancer effects, including inhibiting tumor growth and metastasis.
FurBabies produces both powder extract and a liquid oral drop. Both products use only the full fruiting body no mycelium or fillers.
In summary, lion's mane mushrooms may offer a range of benefits for your dog or cat, including improved cognitive function, digestive support, immune system support, anti-inflammatory effects, and potential cancer-fighting properties. If you're interested in using lion's mane mushrooms to support your pet's health, be sure to talk to your veterinarian to ensure that they're the right choice for your furry friend.